In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

Been on the rolling road today :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Been on the rolling road today :)

Post  Matt Parker on 26/8/2010, 8:30 am

Title says it all really, I was on the rolling road at Peter Burgess (www.peter-burgess.com) testing out his new digital rollers.

Thats about it really Tongue

Right, I took both cars Fizzbot and Turbot just to see what they are doing.

The 1.9 in the F was abit flat since fitting, due to being in a different setup from when the 1.9 was in my Rover 100 and producing 202bhp with 140ftlb torque, and having a different exhaust setup and enclosed engine bay with higher tempretures I knew I would be down on power and I could feel it at certain rpm's. Since fitting the 1.9 in the F I have made a fully enclosed airbox with a pure cold air feed dirrect from the passenger vent and also an FSE regulator. After several runs and adjusting of the FSE I managed to get the car running much sweeter and it is no producing 195bhp with 170ftlb torque which isn't too bad really considering the changes I made Very Happy

The ZS as originally mapped up with 200bhp and 201ftlb torque and the only thing I wanted to check was what it was doing as I felt it had dropped in power and also what it was like when the aircon was running and also now that is had coverd 11k miles it was nicely bedded in. Anyway after afew runs and a minor increase on the FSE it is producing a poxy 220bhp and 250ftlb torque, so much for me thinking it was down on power lol Laughing

Here's a video of each on the rollers, pay attention to the right exhaust pipe on the F Wink

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Re: Been on the rolling road today :)

Post  Lee121 on 26/8/2010, 6:19 pm

Bloody good results Matt....watched the F exhaust.....couldn't see anything Shocked ....was expecting a huge plume of flame Laughing

Southmids Sportsters Member of the Year
2010, 2011 & 2012

MG - draining motorists wallets dry since 1924
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 26/8/2010, 7:18 pm

I bet you're rather pleased your work has paid off. Peter Burgess, now there's a name. I remember going up to see him with your dad for a Montego head. I even had his name on the side of my monty turbo... Memories!

Rich

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 27/8/2010, 3:46 am

I am fairly pleased ith the results Rich Smile

Its 'bang' on 27 seconds when you get the crack/pop and you see the flame, unfortunately it doesn't to it like it used to as I have a foot of flame come out of each pipe before but now I don't get any, mapped it too well, grr, just have to alter afew settings I think Wink

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum