In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

BB Motors In Corby

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BB Motors In Corby

Post  StevePem on 21/10/2010, 3:30 am

Thought I would put in a word for the garage that services my TF - BB Motors in Corby (Website here). Just had a full service plus Stainless Steel Coolant pipes fitted for under £340 which I think is pretty good.

This is the second annual service they have done for me and also they did a brake pipe for MoT for £85 when Souls wanted £190.

They are "old school" and small (3 people) but are genuine MGR (and know MGs) with all equipment and are an xpart dealer.

All in all a good bunch!

StevePem

Back to top Go down

Re: BB Motors In Corby

Post  Lee121 on 21/10/2010, 6:56 am

good to know Steve...... Very Happy

Southmids Sportsters Member of the Year
2010, 2011 & 2012

MG - draining motorists wallets dry since 1924
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 21/10/2010, 6:38 pm

I was going to say that Corby was a bit far away for a service, especially from Olney, but then I thought about where I go for such jobs... and Matt is just a tad further... Laugh my a**e off!

Thanks for the details though. Next time you're up there, ask if thwy would be interested in doing any deals for club members and maybe a little promotion for us. Although we cover the whole of Northants, our membership seems to be all central and south of the county.

Rich

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem on 22/10/2010, 1:12 am

Yes, it is a bit of a trek but barring anything untoward hapenning with the car, it is only twice a year, once for annual service and once for MoT.

They have a loan car so I drive up there first thing in the morning, come back in the loaner and then go back first thing next day to collect mine.

It is better if I can work from home the day - it was a bit of a drag Olney to Corby then Corby to Milton Keynes two mornings in a row!

I just figure, once you have found a garage you trust, stick with them. The proprietor, Keith, really does know his stuff on Fs and TFs and I know they will never rip me off or cut corners. I think labour is c55 per hour which is quite competitive.

I will have a word with them regarding promoting SmS, even if it is just putting up a poster and having flyers on the counter. Will enquire on club discount too.

StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum