None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

Pub meet in Beds - 27th March 2011

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pub meet in Beds - 27th March 2011

Post  Rich on 26/3/2011, 8:53 am

So you didn't like Lee's idea of driving up to the start point then!

Yeah, we'll be coming down the A508. Might be better if you wait on the side of the main road as it's just you, or slightly further up near the Alderton turn. Just thinking that as it looks like quite a few cars on the convoy and could be awkward detouring off the main road and rejoining all together. Suggestions welcome though!

Rich

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu on 26/3/2011, 9:40 am

I drive my car every day so dont see any point going out of my way plus i will be pushed for time,watching gp first thing then wash car and i will have my neice staying over so she will be with me(even if she doesnt know it yet).I'm not sure where you mean....on the main road? not going to sit on the 508? and havent got time to check it out maybe i should just meet you there if its a problem?

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 26/3/2011, 5:39 pm

Ok. Wasn't sure how well you knew the area. I just though that if you took the Alderton road opposite the Shell garage on the A5 and followed it through to the A508, you could turn left for less than 100 yards and there's a layby exit on the right side of the road (next to a kennels) which I thought would have been much easier for you. However, I'm sure with your time restrictions we could divert to the Coffee Pot, Lee's old pickup point, if you'd prefer.

I'll be watching the GP Beforehand too! Laughing

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 on 27/3/2011, 2:51 am

Rich....will be watching GP too....what time at Northampton??

Southmids Sportsters Member of the Year
2010, 2011 & 2012

MG - draining motorists wallets dry since 1924
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 27/3/2011, 3:12 am

I think I put 11am in the first post for meeting at the Toby. I'll just check...

Yeah, 11am, so that gives plenty of time for the GP! Well done!

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith on 27/3/2011, 5:29 am

What time are you going down the A5. I assume that's the way you lot will go and turn left at the little chief roundabout at the bottom?

cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 27/3/2011, 7:09 am

We'll be leaving the Toby just after 11am, once we're happy everyone has turned up who's supposed to. We'll then head down the A508 at a steady pace, then onto the A5D. So depends on how the traffic is and how quick we move! Have you an idea of where to join us? We can look out for you then...

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 27/3/2011, 7:21 am

look forward to catching up tomorrow, dont forget the clocks go forward tonight.

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith on 27/3/2011, 6:45 pm

Rich wrote:We'll be leaving the Toby just after 11am, once we're happy everyone has turned up who's supposed to. We'll then head down the A508 at a steady pace, then onto the A5D. So depends on how the traffic is and how quick we move! Have you an idea of where to join us? We can look out for you then...

Rich

i could meet up on the A5d do you have and approx time when your hit the top of it?

cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 27/3/2011, 6:53 pm

Best I can do is text you just as we leave the Toby...

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu on 27/3/2011, 7:08 pm

If its ok with you all i'll see you at the coffee pot, Rich can you tex when you leaving cheers.

Stu.

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 27/3/2011, 7:37 pm

Can do Stu, but I've misplaced your mobile number. Can you PM it to me, or text me if you have my number?

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 28/3/2011, 4:16 am

Thanks to everyone who attended the meeting today. Once again, the venue was drenched in sunshine and the canalside dining was great, as was the company of friends of course! A good turn-out and no doubt it will be repeated at another venue soon. Colin, can you send me details of that pub you were talking about please?

I'm just processing the pics I took, but please don't expect all the animated banners to appear at once. Work to do on each one and they'll be added gradually. In the meantime, HERE is a link to all the other pics I took.

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu on 28/3/2011, 4:18 am

Good to catch up and dry day for a run :-) see you all soon.I think the Globe is definitely a good venue!!

cheers

Stu. Cool (and freya)

Last edited by BlueStu on 29/3/2011, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn on 28/3/2011, 4:33 am

Looks like you had a great time today .....we were originally going to join you for this one but i had to go and visit a very sick relative who's in Northampton General so maybe next time .

Southmids Sportsters Runner up Members of the Year 2010
Tony & Dawn Palmer

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 28/3/2011, 7:42 am

Hi Dawn we missed you and Tony, sorry to hear about your relative being in hospital, I hope everything works out OK .

It was a great day some new and some old faces and even visit from Chris, the 'scarlett pimpernell' of SMS. A great drive out, good weather , food and company as always. On the way back Colin and I did a NOS vs VVC comparison on the Dual Carriage way, turns out about the same I think, what fun it was finding out though Cool

See you all at the pub meet the next week.

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Crazyyen on 28/3/2011, 7:46 am

Soo sorry i missed the meet was soo looking forward too this but my hip/black problem was playing up finding it hard to walk and was really tired didn't want to risk driving too far

Im going to my best to get to a rover meet at some point in my life they seem soo fun i hope you guys had a lovely day

sorry again Crying or Very sad

when the next meet?
Crazyyen

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow on 28/3/2011, 8:02 am

Sorry I missed this guys, was at the "Fast Show" at Santa Pod, which I have to admit wasn't exactly to my tastes...!

On the plus side-the 5.45 start meant a cracking top down drive across Bedfordshire as the sun came up Very Happy only problem is it's left me wanting more go from the MGF... Evil or Very Mad

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow on 28/3/2011, 8:04 am

And to answer your question Crazyzen, the next meet is April 7th at Overstone Manor. Smile Or, if you fancy venturing outside of Northants and having a Chinese with some F/TF people, I'm off to Aroma in Hemel on the same night-you're welcome to come along Very Happy

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith on 28/3/2011, 7:22 pm

It was a great day some new and some old faces and even visit from Chris, the 'scarlett pimpernell' of SMS. A great drive out, good weather , food and company as always. On the way back Colin and I did a NOS vs VVC comparison on the Dual Carriage way, turns out about the same I think, what fun it was finding out though Cool

This is very True , not alot in it, but we had to stop when we got to 70 mph!!!! ( Well maybe we went a tad faster Laughing )

Not sure my NOS is working well though, I wasn't get quite the boost 50bhp should give, need to get it on the old rollers to see.

cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem on 28/3/2011, 7:33 pm

Very Happy Laughing Yes I gave up trying to catch you up when my speedo hit 100.

I seem to have a problem with my speedo of course - when I am doing 70, the speedo reads much higher Laughing

Great day out, see you all soon

StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 28/3/2011, 7:37 pm

cejsmith wrote:
Not sure my NOS is working well though, I wasn't get quite the boost 50bhp should give, need to get it on the old rollers to see.
Hmm maybe it's the mystery switch? flick the switch and see what happens, go on you know you want to.

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith on 28/3/2011, 9:29 pm

I will do that ,the switch will be flicked!!!

Say that though if you think about it , my car with NOS has maybe 185bhp and Nick's probably has getting on for 160 BHP, so once you get above 70 ( Laughing ) 20 odd horse power wont make much difference. Look at F1 where Kers seems to make sod all difference.

I do though think we need to conduct more tests, track day?????

cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem on 28/3/2011, 10:18 pm

cejsmith wrote:Look at F1 where Kers seems to make sod all difference.
Yeah, you should have taken the run off at the corner, would have got passed no problem Twisted Evil

StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 28/3/2011, 10:40 pm

We really do need to get a rolling road session booked up, I've tried a few times but I never manage to get the numbers together for a saturday opening. I might just go by myself on a weekday, I'm curious to know what it's putting out now.

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum