In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

Meeting in Hemel - April 7th

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Meeting in Hemel - April 7th

Post  Captain Slow on 28/3/2011, 5:53 am

Was wondering if anyone fancies doing something slightly different for the next "regular" meet...?

On .org, a couple of the members in the F/TF section are moving locally, and they're having a Chinese meal to welcome them on April 7th in Hemel, kicking off at 8pm. It's at Aroma, which is in the centre, five minutes from J8 of the M1, so easily accessable.

Anyone interested in making that our meet for April? Smile

T'would be good to see everyone, given that I missed the Globe today and will miss the next regular meet due to the Chinese.

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Re: Meeting in Hemel - April 7th

Post  Rich on 28/3/2011, 6:26 am

The Northants 'local' meetings are always a fixed day of the month and venue so that if new members want to come along they can easily find us. Also, the clue is in the name... 'Northants Local'. These meetings were never meant to replace the regional meetings and were added as an extra because the majority of the membership were quite close to Northampton and wanted to have somewhere closeby to regularly meet if they couldn't make the 'regional' meetings. This is also the reason why they are held in the evening and not on a weekend. I've been trying to encourage people in the other parts of our region to start their own 'local' monthly meetings at other times of the month in order to promote the club in those areas but nobody has come forward. I appreciate that for some, the Northants meeting isn't that local to them and this is why other 'local' meetings would be ideal. Any volunteers?

The regional meetings were originally set up for us to explore the various parts of the club's covered region and give the members based in these areas a chance to join together. It also meant that we had a change of scenery each month with a decent run thrown in. We have held these meeting from the birth of the club and have only dropped them when other events have clashed or the numbers interested in attending have been too low for whatever reason.

Of course, this does not mean that any members wishing to attend the Hemel meet can't go if they wish! But the 'local' meeting will still take place as normal.

Rich

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow on 28/3/2011, 7:57 am

The reason I haven't bothered organising any meets for Beds is that Marcus and I are the only members here, everyone else is in Northants or on the Bucks border. When I did bring up the idea of a Beds meet, if I remember correctly there was a lack of support from many in Northants so I gave up.

Variety is the spice of life they say; but no matter.

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum