None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

40th (& a bit) Run - 25th September 2011

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

40th (& a bit) Run - 25th September 2011

Post  Benjs on 3/9/2011, 6:52 am

As some of you may know last weekend i entered the ranks of the worldly wise (or middle aged as those below 40 will know it). Well whilst i did get to share it with a couple of esteemed members i would really like to catch up with a few familiar faces as well as some new & still have a few dates free before summer runs out. Thus i would like to propose a run to somewhere in the west of the territory (warwickshire, oxfordshire sort of area). I have free dates of the 17th, 24th & 25th. SOOO i lay it open to those what know the area better to suggest a venue or run and i'll sort the rest.

The provisional list of attendees is HERE... Thumbs up

The details of the Northants run are HERE... Thumbs up Thumbs up

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Re: 40th (& a bit) Run - 25th September 2011

Post  cejsmith on 3/9/2011, 7:06 pm

Benjs wrote:As some of you may know last weekend i entered the ranks of the worldly wise (or middle aged as those below 40 will know it). Well whilst i did get to share it with a couple of esteemed members i would really like to catch up with a few familiar faces as well as some new & still have a few dates free before summer runs out. Thus i would like to propose a run to somewhere in the west of the territory (warwickshire, oxfordshire sort of area). I have free dates of the 17th, 24th & 25th. SOOO i lay it open to those what know the area better to suggest a venue or run and i'll sort the rest.

Sounds good, what about going to gaydon, or all pop up to Matt's ( poor little luv must be getting really bored now)for tea????

cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 3/9/2011, 9:01 pm

cejsmith wrote:Sounds good, what about going to gaydon, or all pop up to Matt's (poor little luv must be getting really bored now) for tea????
There's no room on Matt's drive... He's got too many cars! Laugh my a**e off!

Gaydon would be good, although I know many of us have done the museum to death. But it's a nice drive out and we could possibly invite the .orgers too as an end of season gathering. We'd just need a suitable date that gives enough notice. Unless you'd prefer to keep it an SmS run?

Rich

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 3/9/2011, 10:11 pm

Gaydon great for me as I haven't been in years. Quite happy to expand it to .orgers & hopefully the 24/25 should give them some notice.

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 3/9/2011, 10:35 pm

Benjs wrote:Gaydon great for me as I haven't been in years. Quite happy to expand it to .orgers & hopefully the 24/25 should give them some notice.
I assume you mean September! I'd suggest 25th as Sunday is always a better day for gatherings.

Do you fancy arranging it then? You would need to put a call in to Gaydon to let them know our ideas and they may arrange a discount. I know groups are allowed to gather on the front apron area for meetings for free, but there would still be a charge for museum entry. The details you need can be found HERE. If you need a hand, give me a shout.

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 4/9/2011, 2:08 am

If others are up for it I will sort tomorrow. I will also post on org. If your around tomorrow I'll give you a buzz Rich to get your pointers.

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 4/9/2011, 2:09 am

No probs mate! Thumbs up

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 4/9/2011, 3:20 am

Rich wrote:
cejsmith wrote:Sounds good, what about going to gaydon, or all pop up to Matt's (poor little luv must be getting really bored now) for tea????
There's no room on Matt's drive... He's got too many cars! Laugh my a**e off!
Rich

Both of you are correct, I am bored and what makes it worse is that there is soo much that I could be getting on with but I just can't. The drive is pretty full with the fleet, can get 2.5 more cars on the drive if needed but you can't move 1 without moving basically all the others Rolling Eyes

It would be nice to attend where ever you go, gaydon isn't too bad even if you go year after year as they do alternate some of the vehicles each year so you get to see something different each visit.

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 4/9/2011, 5:39 am

Count me in buddy, I said Gaydon would be a goer, though seeing the wrecked James bond Aston on the way in nearly brought a tear to my eye last time ...

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Ali on 4/9/2011, 5:55 am

I may be up for this too. Be nice to run Mazy out and never been to gaydon if you don't mind a newbie tagging along
Miss Ali

Back to top Go down

Post  Aphrodite on 4/9/2011, 6:03 am

I would love to join you!! but my car is dead again!! Sad if she's back then count me in!
Aphrodite

http://www.facebook.com/CupcakesFromTheCottage

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs on 4/9/2011, 7:40 am

No promises, but I might be able to make it.
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  adrianvvc on 4/9/2011, 8:21 am

The MGCC are running a Trial on the 25th Sept at Burton Dasset Hills near Gaydon.
Might be worth a look.
adrianvvc

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 4/9/2011, 9:28 am

Great to see all if you can make it (I'm a newbie too) I will check out MGCC test too & see if we could add that into the run

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu on 4/9/2011, 9:59 pm

never been to Gaydon,sounds like a good idea for a run while the weather is half decent Very Happy

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem on 5/9/2011, 3:40 am

Count me in - have to support you youngsters!

StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 5/9/2011, 4:52 am

Ok couldnt speak to anyone in charge @ Gaydon today so I'll ring again tomorrow. I'll also put some thought to schedule as well

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 5/9/2011, 5:00 am

Benjs wrote:I'll also put some thought to schedule as well
As there's quite a lot to see and do at Gaydon and there are a fair few interested that haven't been before, may I suggest that you consider not including the MGCC event or the meeting afterwards? I think if you try to squeeze in too much it will put people off. Lee's birthday events have worked out well with just the one venue and a good run to it. If a few wish to move on to a pub or something, then I think it would be best left as an option rather than a fixed part of the day. The museum and the gathering of cars outside will still offer a day's entertainment with no trouble!

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 5/9/2011, 7:25 am

Hmm! Sage advice. Ok we'll just go with the museum + a pub if it seems popular. Also I know I started this with a birthday thing but honestly it really is just an excuse to get together.

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 6/9/2011, 4:43 am

Ok a little update. First I still haven't got hold of the appropriate person @ Gaydon, but with Rich's advise I'm closing in on them. Basically what I will try to sort is a dedicated parking area + the group discount on the day for those wanting to go round the museum. Second, below is the start of the unofficial list of attendees. (I know some will be maybes but feel free to add or subtract yourselves & I will try to keep upto date)

On the list:

• Ben
  • Nick
  • Rich
  • Colin (cejsmith)
  • Matt (if he gets a lift & hasn't been put down)
  • Ali (Miss Ali)
  • Darren (darrenzs)
  • Stu
  • Steve (StevePem)
  • Jo (jsmith)
  • Steve (sambomonkee)
  • Tony
  • Craig (craigraves)
  • 7-8 .orgers (will keep that list on .org HERE)

Last edited by Benjs on 9/9/2011, 8:38 pm; edited 4 times in total

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee on 6/9/2011, 4:52 am

If its the 25th. I will be in, that will be only 5 days of tax left before she goes in hibernation for the winter.

I am only 20 miles from Gaydon, so would have to meet the convoy somewhere on route, I guess you will mostly be coming pass Brackley on route anyway.
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 6/9/2011, 5:22 am

Sambomonkee wrote:If its the 25th. I will be in, that will be only 5 days of tax left before she goes in hibernation for the winter.

I am only 20 miles from Gaydon, so would have to meet the convoy somewhere on route, I guess you will mostly be coming pass Brackley on route anyway.

The more the merrier. added to list. Convoy in details i will sort with Rich as being out of area i really don't know the best routes

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 6/9/2011, 5:50 am

I see I am on the list, would someone be coming to collect me then as I will still be in a cast as unfortunately this is afew days too early as Im due to be released on the 28th, I just have to try and remember how to drive then lol

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Benjs on 6/9/2011, 5:54 am

Matt Parker wrote:I see I am on the list, would someone be coming to collect me then as I will still be in a cast as unfortunately this is afew days too early as Im due to be released on the 28th, I just have to try and remember how to drive then lol

Ahh slipped up there! I shall leave it up to others in the shotgun situation

Benjs

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 6/9/2011, 6:00 am

Benjs wrote:
Ahh slipped up there! I shall leave it up to others in the shotgun situation

Wooooooh there! I only have my foot in a cast and Im not a race horse so theres no need for a shotgun affraid

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum