[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

MG ZR TD+ (140ishbhp) Trophy Blue 49K

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MG ZR TD+ (140ishbhp) Trophy Blue 49K

Post  Sambomonkee on 7/9/2011, 10:59 pm

£2050

Photos to follow

2.0 litre turbo diesel MG ZR, on a 2002 52 plate.
The car has 49,000 miles on the clock & has had only 5 owners from new (Although two of these where dealers), so really only 3. I bought it off a horse dealer!!! it was PX'ed in for a horse.

It is in good condition both inside & out.
The inside condition is like a new car, I have also added a new clock, that records internal and external temperature as the original rover designed clock only tells the time. It has Half leather seats and does feel like a newer car. The aircon is working and I have had this re-gased a few months ago. As well as AC it also has a electric tilt slide sunroof.

This car is a CAT D car, it had a front end knock on the right hand corner, very minor, the only sign now is that that corner of the bumper is a slightly lighter shade where it was repaired, you can only see it in certain light angles but I have to mention it. The water bottle leaked, it was cracked in the crash I guess, but the repair of just sticking mastic over the cracks had stated to fail so I changed the whole bottle.

The alloys are OK, but have been scrubbed but look good from a distance. The car has the odd small scratch but the paint work in trophy blue does really look good, and is my favorite MG colour. Tyres are all good, and I have had the tracking done to make sure they stay that way.

The car was remapped by the previous owner, who claims it now gets 55mpg (I achieved 42mpg, with a heavy foot), and 140BHP, whilst I cannot comment on if it is that much it is a very fast car, and gives my MGF VVC a run for its money.

I am very reluctant to sell, but need a clio DCI now for lower insurance and and a high MPG.

A new clutch has just been fitted at around 40K, but I have no proof of this unfortunately.. The car had with full service history before it was CAT- D but, the proof disappears with the insurance company when the claim all of the documents.

I have had every niggle and issue resolved on it so it is now perfect running order, see below for works I have carried out.

Cam Belt New 9-Jun-2011 £280.00
Aux Belt New 9-Jun-2011 See above
Oil/Air/Oil Filter New 9-Jun-2011
MAF Compensator New 9-Jun-2011 DIY £89.00
(Common issue on the TD's, but this little gadget solves the problem see http://tuning-diesels.com/Mafam/maproject.htm)
Tracking New 10-Jun-2011 Garage £25.00
Washer Bottle Used 12-Jun-2011 DIY £5.00
Centre arm rest Used 12-Jun-2011 DIY £5.00
New Aerial Used 12-Jun-2011 DIY £0.00
Long Intercooler Hs Used 18-Jun-2011 DIY £12.50
Diff seals Both Sides New 15-Jun-2011 Garage £110.00
Heater Resistor Pack New 18-Jun-2011 DIY £13.98
Air Con Recharge New 16-Jun-2011 DIY £50.00
Wheel Beads Fixed New 27-Jun-2011 Garage £30.00

Receipts available for all of this work. Including instructions for MAF compensator

Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum