In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

MGF VVC 1998 47k miles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MGF VVC 1998 47k miles

Post  Matt Parker on 18/11/2011, 7:57 am

Basically just to let everyone know that I will have for sale very shortly a mk1 MGF VVC.

It's a 1998 'S' reg, BRG(boring ruddy green) covered 47k miles, full MG Rover service history, 1 previous owner, 12 months MOT, 6 months Tax, very original throughout, 5 spoke VVC alloys with very good Goodyear Eagles all round, very tidy bodywork (should be in bodyshop next week to have a rust scab on passenger rear quarter and front wings attended to) recent new MG Rover mk2 hood fitted, recent new MG Rover headlights fitted.

Thats all I can recall at the momment but I shall update within the next week or so when I get chance to sort it out between other jobs I have backing me up atm lol

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Re: MGF VVC 1998 47k miles

Post  Captain Slow on 18/11/2011, 11:40 pm

Niiice...taken as a part ex Matt? Laughing

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 19/11/2011, 8:52 am

Nope, previous owner was under the impression that to get it through an MOT it would cost in excess of £1,000 by her local garage (front subframe had a slightly enlarged drainage hole due to corrosion, all taken care of as of today) I will most likely take afew pics of it over the weekend once I have given it a clean Smile

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 11/1/2012, 2:44 am

Hi Matt, So whats the state of play with this F then, have you sold it? if not what are you after for it? (nope not me I have one that steals all my money already Wink )

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 11/1/2012, 2:49 am

Do you have a friend who wants one then Nick? And after all the comments about green cars? It'll need some stripes to give it some street cred... Dunno! Roll on floor laughi

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 11/1/2012, 3:03 am

I have a friend who is blaming me that for some reason he now wants an MGF as a fun car.... he will be the 5th person I know who will have bought one because of me, guess my enthusiasm shines through Smile

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 11/1/2012, 3:05 am

Oh his names Charlie and hes a Northamptonshire resident, so a new member in waiting.... if I can find him an inexpensive decent F.

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 11/1/2012, 3:12 am

Good work Nick, and of course you've told him membership of our merry group is obligatory... Thumbs up

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 11/1/2012, 3:55 am

just recieved a text from Matt and he does indeed still have it! I'm sure he'll be on tonight with details for you... cheers

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 11/1/2012, 7:42 am

Rich wrote:Good work Nick, and of course you've told him membership of our merry group is obligatory... Thumbs up

Absolutely, he knows Laughing

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 11/1/2012, 9:26 am

As Rich has informed you already Nick, I still have the car as it's still down the body shop where work has only just started this week on it (he's been lazy over christmas lol) I had the paint for it arrive today as whats been done is both rear quarters are being painted due to rust scabs at the back above the bumper(both rust areas terminated now) and some of the small dints taken care of, rear bumper painted as I found afew small scratches, basically nothing but I thought as the paints out may aswell freshen it up, both front wings have been replaced for rot free ones(passenger side new genuine part) and also there was a small chip on the windscreen surround so this is being colour coded Smile

There was a 12month MOT put on it when I first got the car in november and all it has done is be driven from Cambridge to Tamworth. Like I briefly mention in the first post, goodyear's all round on the orignal 5 spokes, the car itself is all original with the black half leather interior with green piping, original MG logo mats, full set of original mud flaps, original cassette player (keeping it old skool) recent mk2 hood that was dealer fitted in very good condition, its done just over 47k miles.
Escentially full service history till 2010 i think it was when the car stopped doing the miles and I think all but the last service was MG dealer, I shall be servicing the car before it goes along with fitting new brakes due to surface corrosion from sitting about(still work fine but Im fussy) and then what ever else I find myself playing with lol Smile This is the best VVC engine'd car I have even driven as it is soo smooth and quiet(yes Rich, quieter then Ollie Tongue ), no VVC noise what so ever and you forget its running at times Very Happy

I've probably forgotten things but you get the basic idea. I had originally thought cost wise around £1,200-1,400 depending on time of sale and what goes into the car before hand.

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 13/1/2012, 7:11 am

Thanks for the update Matt, I think Charlie is thinking of a bit more of a fixer upper he likes to tinker, yours sounds rather too good to mess with.

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 13/1/2012, 7:25 am

Well I can not clean and waxoil the underside so it gives them something to do, and with it being pretty standard its got plenty of potential Smile

What do they have in mind as fixer-upper then, what sort of condition/state?

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on 15/1/2012, 6:09 am

Nick wrote:Thanks for the update Matt, I think Charlie is thinking of a bit more of a fixer upper he likes to tinker, yours sounds rather too good to mess with.

Sorry to hi-jack Matt's thread, but I spotted this while out and about today. Needs some tidying up as it has some paint bubbling on the rear arch and the wing mirrors looks scabby.

You now know as much about it as I do.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on 15/1/2012, 6:12 am

Just noticed that the last part of the phone number can't be read, but it's outside Triangular Auto's in Wellingborough 01933 276977 .

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 15/1/2012, 6:36 am

a back hand for you Tony Wink no problem, once I have the car ready I'll make a new thread anyway

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum