In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

3D TV's...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3D TV's...

Post  Matt Parker on 8/5/2012, 6:18 am

Whats people opinions on 3D tv's and can someone explain them to me please as I am thinking of getting one to replace my 32" Panasonic so will want the same size or bigger.

What I would like to know is are they worth it? as I like my films and 3d are getting better and I've read (on back of my Captain America 3D blueray) that the PS3 plays 3D movies so I'm sorted with a 3D player, what is the picture quality like, I presume that they work like per any normal tv (picture output) and then just convert when you have a 3D channel or 3D movie playing?

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Re: 3D TV's...

Post  Rich on 8/5/2012, 4:17 pm

Looked at quite a few at The Gadget Show Live this year and the quality was very good on the high end screens but the low end ones were slightly disappointing. Personally, altgough the number of 3D films has increased, I'd hold off buying one of the current TVs as the technology is changing. The biggest change will be doing away with the need for the glasses. A couple have been demo'd and they are surprisingly good. Also with the slow but progressive release of smart TVs, it's worth getting one with this feature included.

IMO of course! Coffee Laughing

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  darrenzs on 9/5/2012, 5:23 am

When I was young we had a 3D TV.
It was as far from front to back, as side to side...... Laughing
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  cejsmith on 9/5/2012, 6:10 am

Rich wrote:Looked at quite a few at The Gadget Show Live this year and the quality was very good on the high end screens but the low end ones were slightly disappointing. Personally, altgough the number of 3D films has increased, I'd hold off buying one of the current TVs as the technology is changing. The biggest change will be doing away with the need for the glasses. A couple have been demo'd and they are surprisingly good. Also with the slow but progressive release of smart TVs, it's worth getting one with this feature included.

IMO of course! Coffee Laughing

I've looked at a few becuase I looking for a new TV, the LED ones with the passive glasses seem to have someof the best 3d to my eye, but I must admit I dont really like any of the 3d pictures. Problem is these days you can't buy a good 50" tv without 3d!!!

Last edited by cejsmith on 10/5/2012, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 10/5/2012, 7:58 am

I know I should wait for the tech to improve which it will its just that I'm thinking I may be looking at getting a new tv before that happens as I get fed up with the typical start up failure that my current model suffers from and it it plays up over 5 times in a row and I don't happen to be in the best of moods at the time I could be looking at a new one asap Grumbly lol

If anyone heres or knows on a good model to go for and at good prices (found out some of the costs affraid ) then please let me know so I can investigate further Smile

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

3D the way forward definately....

Post  TruckerClarky on 8/2/2013, 9:17 am

Matt Parker wrote:I know I should wait for the tech to improve which it will its just that I'm thinking I may be looking at getting a new tv before that happens as I get fed up with the typical start up failure that my current model suffers from and it it plays up over 5 times in a row and I don't happen to be in the best of moods at the time I could be looking at a new one asap Grumbly lol

If anyone heres or knows on a good model to go for and at good prices (found out some of the costs affraid ) then please let me know so I can investigate further Smile

I currently have a 47"? or is it 42"? viera, with the combined DVD/Bluray player, the 3d quality is fantastic and watching any of the 3d channels really is amazing! Especially any of the nature programmes, the animals are in your living room truly good picture.......I got mine just after xmas and the whole lot cost me just short of £1K.
TruckerClarky

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 8/2/2013, 11:18 am

Cheers for the input.

I had a look at TV's just before xmas and found some 3D TV's reduced to around £500 which were a good picture but waited till new year thinking I'd find better ones in the sales but I never got round to it.

I'm just going to wait till I have the house sorted now before I buy one so got afew more months to look around for ideas.

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum