In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

How was MG Live for you??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How was MG Live for you??

Post  Matt Parker on 25/6/2012, 9:24 am

I know some of you went, mainly due to the fact I met up with Adrian and I saw Iain stroling through the F/TF's as I was walking around loking for someone.

Well as I had a long day saturday driving down and back up the country for 11hrs collecting an XR3i for a work mate I needed a lay in this morning so I didn't get up till after 10 and then got to Silverstone about 11.40ish and when I got there I thought I had arrived after hours as it was fairly quiet. It was very very wet under foot and from speaking to quite afew traders and organisers alot of the traders decided to pack up and leave due to the heavy rain, and because of that I was told that some of the happy campers woke up floating around. Did you go Nick and how wet did you get?

anyway, even thought I didn't quite get chance to go everywhere from talking to various people it was abit dissapointing, more than last year Neutral

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Re: How was MG Live for you??

Post  Stu on 25/6/2012, 9:50 am

I think it all comes down to expectations i lilke it because of the mix of racing,paddock and pits,stands,huge amount of mgs to nose at and even though to be honest i only bumped into a few people i know this year still enjoyed myself.I was glad of my own bed sat night ,the camping area looked a bit sodden chaps Wink

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick on 25/6/2012, 5:24 pm

We found a good dry area to camp, so where fine, there were a couple of guys who woke up in a lake though. I agree the stands were a bit poor, the mgf centre pulled out at the last minute due to 'lack of stock' however the racing was great and the campsite and people we were camping with were great. I have got a bit sunburnt as Sunday was pretty sunny even though it was meant to rain all day, sorry I missed you Matt, I managed to find Dave and Carole, Adrian, Ed, Jo,Ian and Dan, (as well as Ray and Ben but we were sharing a tent so not much of a challenge) I had a good weekend all in, it was just a pity the traders weren't there, though to be fair there werent that many people around and it meant I didn't spend a fortune on stuff I don't need

Last edited by Nick on 25/6/2012, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis on 25/6/2012, 6:34 pm

First time we have attended both days.

Spent quite a bit of time trolling through the traders and bought a few MGB clips, springs, exhaust rings and best of all an indicator housing (rare) in good condition and better yet the actual indicator stork and associated wire. (NZ MG one pretty well useless although still working.) Then an obligitory ride on the double decker to BRD stand. Talked for ages to many folk we know including three NZ'rs working in Germany.Two brothers and a wife. (4 brothers in all and used to be carried around in a modified MGB roadster!.)

Saturday eve was a bit wet in the Marquee but the Blues brothers as good as ever.
started off with Duane Eddy's (who you say?) Peter Gunn, great raunchy number.

Took seventy photos! Fell in love with the for sale 1947 show room restored MG TC.

BBQ'd with the campers Saturday night

Marvelled at Silverstone, it does not compare with the new middle eastern glass and chrome circuits, but with the early GP's from 1952 onwards, the war time bomber base start does it for me, atmospheric.
Stuff the new circuits.

uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow on 25/6/2012, 10:22 pm

TBH I was a bit disappointed-£25 on the door is a piss take IMO-I didn't pay that but Dan & George did!

Don't think the weather helped the turn out but the trader's stands were poor and the whole show size felt like it had "shrunk" since I went a couple of years ago. Main upside is the ZS won the Zed Pride of Ownership class, attracting a couple of snotty comments from two co-competitors in the process-how I love annoying sore losers...some people take it way too seriously Laughing

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  StevePem on 25/6/2012, 11:16 pm

So, I did not miss much by not going?

I was too late to get tickets on-line, I could not justify £25 on the gate and by the time I saw Adrian's offer of tickets I had already committed to do something else.

I did the Kimber run around Derbyshire the previous weekend and had a great day out then. I know a lot of you are not big fans of the organised runs but my wife really enjoys the map reading and site seeing on them so for us it is a really good day out.

Anything coming up on the SMS calendar?

StevePem

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis on 26/6/2012, 2:54 am

Captain/Steve

Don't disagree with your comments. I do wonder sometimes just how much longer
the MG club can put on such an expensive show.

The racing keeps a lot of competitors/spectators coming back year after year then
there are folk from Europe and America and so on always turning up., I heard all languages over the two days.

I guess we are lucky to be on the doorstep so to speak, makes us a bit choosy.

Would love to go to the GP next week, BUT THE COST OF THAT........wow.

uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  DanTFInferno on 28/6/2012, 9:12 am

I didn't make it in the end (thanks to work) - from the photos & videos I've seen doing the rounds it looks like most had a good weekend though. Smile

Follow my travels: www.twitter.com/TheRightDan

'Well, you know me, I'm a nomad
I can't feel bad, About the way I am
I've been rolling around, My whole life'

- Stevie Nicks
DanTFInferno

http://twitter.com/TheRightDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down