In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

What do you think to this

Go down

What do you think to this

Post  Sambomonkee on 17/7/2012, 6:02 am

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120951541662&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I;ve got first dibbs !!!

He wants around 500 for it, I think he will go lower, basically it "was" a minter, but he screwed it up, it was owned by someone like Iain before he got his mits on it, bloody kids.

I was looking at it for parts, but reckon with a new bumper, rear bumper and boot, it will be OK.

I suspect the suspension has taken a shunt as well, but getting details on that. What do you think it is good for.

1. A restoration, good base to start with
2. Or a donor to my ZS
3. Or let it go to the MG scrap heaven

He's not claiming on the insurance as he cannot afford the payments for any car with a claim being made, so if want be registered as a write off.
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think to this

Post  Rich on 17/7/2012, 6:27 am

If you bought it and broke it, I could be interested in the wheels... Cool

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 17/7/2012, 6:32 am

If you don't plan on using the car, as its not a car you really wanted for yourself as a run about etc or one of yuor own that your cherished, then the best thing for it is breaking due to the rear end damage.

The damage on the back end will be more than just a boot lid and bumper due to the crease, that will have bent the rear slam panel and possibly pulled the rear quarter in so you will be looking at pulling(pushing) this out atleast(poss new rear panel)
If the wheels have been hit and impacted the suspension than expect the lower chassis legs where the arms and subframe bolt to to be deformed(bent) as your be suprised that the body doesn't need much of an impact to bend Neutral

The best thing for it is to get the car up in the air on ramps and have it inspected for body/suspension damage, if this is all clear and it is just a matter of replacement bolt on panels like bumpers and boot lid then it would be worth repairing and selling on/keeping but if there is just slight damage to the body then break the car for parts only as it will never be a good car.

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on 17/7/2012, 6:42 am

Rich wrote:If you bought it and broke it, I could be interested in the wheels... Cool
and I'd be interested in the VIS manifold if it's any good.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee on 17/7/2012, 6:43 am

Tony wrote:
Rich wrote:If you bought it and broke it, I could be interested in the wheels...
and I'd be interested in the VIS manifold if it's any good.

VIS manifold would be coming my way Laughing
Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 17/7/2012, 6:51 am

I have a spare inlet if you want a play, the motors are good these were checked/repaired the other year just before the inlet was swapped for one with good ball joints and arm assemble as thats what is rattle.

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on 17/7/2012, 7:53 pm

Sorry, thread hi-jacking.

I've been told that my VIS is logging error messages with the ECU and the car feels a bit flat. Don't appear to have the death rattle from the manifold yet though. so I'm guessing it's the motors at fault or that the butterflys are a bit gummed up.

I hear giving it a good blast through with carb cleaner can help?

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sambomonkee on 17/7/2012, 7:56 pm

You can take off the VIS motors really easily, and strip then down to see if they are clean or not.

I have this link which is a good guide.

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=31504

Sambomonkee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum