None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

help with mgf heater stuck on hot!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

help with mgf heater stuck on hot!

Post  Stu on 19/7/2012, 8:22 am

Thank god we are not in the middle of a heat wave is all i can say Rolling Eyes

I found a week or so ago that turning the dial didnt change the temperature and only hot air coming from the vents.
After reading a thread on .org i investigated by removing plastic cover driver side to see that it had become unattatched, there is a plastic piece and a kind of arm which i put back inside and hey presto when dial turned the valve is pushed in/out and heater control worked . Cool

However.......this fix lasted approx 10mins on journey and presumably jumped out again Evil or Very Mad

so what i want to know is has anyone had experience of this and i'm wondering if there is something missing, meant to hold the bits together? whats the fix??

I use my car everyday and even with heater turned to cold and directed to vents which are closed it gets pretty hot in traffic and its driving me mad Mad

Stu

Back to top Go down

Re: help with mgf heater stuck on hot!

Post  cejsmith on 19/7/2012, 7:13 pm

Well at least the heater has suck on at the right time off year ( it is winter isn't it Crying or Very sad )

cejsmith

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 20/7/2012, 1:20 am

The heater valve is a common failure item and if the cable is moving freely and moving the arm on the valce then your valve needs replacing.

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Stu on 21/7/2012, 10:33 am

I can move the valve and molve the cable it seems the two have become unattatched....and its not clear to me by looking what is missing Rolling Eyes

Stu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum