None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

east lodge riding festival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

east lodge riding festival

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 5:39 am

HI Max,

As discussed - I've got an open day at East Lodge at the end of June. Do you know any nice B and B's in the area? And - do you fancy a few drinks the night before?
Don't know if you'd be interested - but we're looking for someone to take some photos on the day - I don't have any budget left to pay, but we'd feed you throughout the day!!

Al
dressur

Back to top Go down

Re: east lodge riding festival

Post  darrenzs on 6/6/2008, 6:40 am

Where is East Lodge???
darrenzs

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 6:53 am

darrenzs wrote:Where is East Lodge???

Haven't a clue - I just go where I'm sent!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 6/6/2008, 7:14 am

Did someone mention food???? I'll do it! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 6/6/2008, 7:27 am

Funnily enough, it's about 3.5 miles from my house, a place called Ecton on the road out of Northampton towards Earls Barton on the A4500...

Ally, I wish I could help you bit I don't think I could spare the whole day as we've got other stuff on. I will try and pop up for a visit though. Don't know of any cheap B&Bs I'm afraid but do know a hotel that's very close if that helps. Perhaps you could stay at Max's if you're going to hit the town for a few bevvies!

Rich.

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 7:29 am

scubastewart wrote:Did someone mention food???? I'll do it! Laughing

If you're not careful-I'll take you up on that!! Need someone with a decent camera - I did the last open day with two cameras and a phone - plus running round looking after 8 VIP's, and making sure the day itself went smoothly - nearly killed me!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 7:31 am

Rich Stone wrote:
Funnily enough, it's about 3.5 miles from my house, a place called Ecton on the road out of Northampton towards Earls Barton on the A4500...

Ally, I wish I could help you bit I don't think I could spare the whole day as we've got other stuff on. I will try and pop up for a visit though. Don't know of any cheap B&Bs I'm afraid but do know a hotel that's very close if that helps. Perhaps you could stay at Max's if you're going to hit the town for a few bevvies!

Rich.

Would be cool to see some SMS people there - we have a 200 people (through the day) target - so the more the merrier!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 6/6/2008, 7:46 am

Is there an entry charge or can well all just pile in for free? Could be an excuse for an inpromptu meet!

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 7:56 am

Rich Stone wrote:Is there an entry charge or can well all just pile in for free? Could be an excuse for an inpromptu meet!

Rich

Nope - it's a completely free gig!! website is www.nationalridingfestival.co.uk

Anyone over 4 years old and under 15 stone can have a go on Trigger the horsebot as well!!

Also - any local info about the best newspapers/magazines and radio stations would be much appreciated!!

I'm even going to try not to say 'B*llocks' over the PA system this time!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 6/6/2008, 8:01 am

dressur wrote:... Anyone over 4 years old and under 15 stone can have a go on Trigger the horsebot as well!! ...
I think I might qualify under one of those criteria! Laughing

I can give you details of the local rags and radio stations. Have you made your mind up about attending the pub meeting this weekend? I can chat to you then. Alternatively, I'll email them to you.

Rich.

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 8:08 am

Rich Stone wrote:
dressur wrote:... Anyone over 4 years old and under 15 stone can have a go on Trigger the horsebot as well!! ...
I think I might qualify under one of those criteria! Laughing

I can give you details of the local rags and radio stations. Have you made your mind up about attending the pub meeting this weekend? I can chat to you then. Alternatively, I'll email them to you.

Rich.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get there in time - i won't get back from Epsom til lunchtime, then have to wait til 3pm for my ex to pick charlie up - then I'll be solo bonnet wrestling! Very annoying! Might try and get to Silverstone instead!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE on 6/6/2008, 8:12 am

Hey Ally!! I will be there don't you worry about that chick, I am REALLY looking forward to it. There aint no B&B's around here, however there is a travel inn just at the end of the road of East Lodge Farm. I will have a look for a link for you. I think I am out that Night, but I wil defo let you know hun.

I will be MORE than happy to take picture, I'm just an amature, but I can try - and I will be in my element with the gee gee's anyway!! Lol

I'd love to ride too if I could. Haven't ridden for a while, but I wana get back on and go for a good ole hack Smile Wink

*EDIT*
Here is a link to a review of the pub/hotel http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/restaurants-cafes-national/the-world-s-end-hotel-restaurant-ecton-northampton/

The hotel is attached to it, so a stumble through the bar!! Wink

Maxine!

Last edited by M77XNE on 6/6/2008, 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 6/6/2008, 8:14 am

dressur wrote:
Anyone over 4 years old and under 15 stone can have a go on Trigger the horsebot as well!!

Damn, how strict are you on the being over 4 years old!!!!!

Looks like you're not going to let me have a go on Trigger..... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 8:32 am

scubastewart wrote:
dressur wrote:

Damn, how strict are you on the being over 4 years old!!!!!

Looks like you're not going to let me have a go on Trigger..... Sad

If you promise not to bring your blanky - I might be able to swing it for you!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE on 6/6/2008, 8:34 am

Ally, get on MSN, I have added you.

I wana play on a REAL horsey! Can I?

M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 8:37 am

M77XNE wrote:Hey Ally!! I will be there don't you worry about that chick, I am REALLY looking forward to it. There aint no B&B's around here, however there is a travel inn just at the end of the road of East Lodge Farm. I will have a look for a link for you. I think I am out that Night, but I wil defo let you know hun.

I will be MORE than happy to take picture, I'm just an amature, but I can try - and I will be in my element with the gee gee's anyway!! Lol

I'd love to ride too if I could. Haven't ridden for a while, but I wana get back on and go for a good ole hack Smile Wink

*EDIT*
Here is a link to a review of the pub/hotel http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/restaurants-cafes-national/the-world-s-end-hotel-restaurant-ecton-northampton/

The hotel is attached to it, so a stumble through the bar!! Wink

Maxine!

Excellent - thanks Max! We have insisted on a decent budget for accomodation as it's such a killer of a gig for us! Going to be worse this time as my colleague is pregnant- might need some big strong SMS boys to help me get Trigger and his accessories back in the trailer!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 8:39 am

M77XNE wrote:Ally, get on MSN, I have added you.

I wana play on a REAL horsey! Can I?

I am on MSN at the mo - but in stealth mode so that a certain rather persistent bloke doesn't harass me!! Laughing
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 6/6/2008, 8:43 am

dressur wrote:I am on MSN at the mo - but in stealth mode so that a certain rather persistent bloke doesn't harass me!! Laughing
That's no way to talk about Rich!!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 6/6/2008, 9:00 am

scubastewart wrote:
dressur wrote:I am on MSN at the mo - but in stealth mode so that a certain rather persistent bloke doesn't harass me!! Laughing
That's no way to talk about Rich!!!! Laughing

He doesn't mind!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 8/6/2008, 9:13 am

I've just realised this is the day after a committee meeting and BBQ over in Essex. I will be crashing out in the tent over there, so not sure what time i'd be up and sober enough to drive up for this... Crying or Very sad

Will have to see how I feel and decide on the day. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 9/6/2008, 2:18 am

scubastewart wrote:I've just realised this is the day after a committee meeting and BBQ over in Essex. I will be crashing out in the tent over there, so not sure what time i'd be up and sober enough to drive up for this... Crying or Very sad

Will have to see how I feel and decide on the day. Sorry.

Don't worry about it - I completely understand that you boys are hopeless the day after a sess!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE on 11/6/2008, 6:24 am

SO am I, but I am going to say T Total that weekend - I don't wana miss this event!!!

M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum