None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

MG TF 135 - Matt's Project Car

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MG TF 135 - Matt's Project Car

Post  Matt Parker on 31/5/2013, 7:38 am

Got myself another one for the fleet  Laughing

Collected a TF 135 this afternoon for another "project" car as it was offered to me, I made them a silly offer and I got it. Royal Blue, 2003, 35k miles, full cream(sandstone) interior dash leather seats, few little issues to sort as I noticed a steering pull when driving it back, a scrape on drivers side and a locking nut issue.
Got it at work so I can mot it tomorrow to see what else needs doing then stick it down at the house out the way whilst I crack on with all the other projects on the go still  Daft

I was suposed to be concentrating on the house and getting the pickup done but I couldn't miss this  Thumbs up  I'll get some pics sorted soon Wink

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Re: MG TF 135 - Matt's Project Car

Post  Rich on 31/5/2013, 7:40 am

You'll have to edit your signature pic AGAIN now... Head and wall! Laugh my a**e off!

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain Slow on 31/5/2013, 8:52 am

If you put all of Matt's keys in a dish you could hold a swinger's party Laughing

"You can sleep in a car, but you can't drive a house..."
Captain Slow

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 31/5/2013, 8:56 am

Captain Slow wrote:If you put all of Matt's keys in a dish you could hold a swinger's party Laughing

and just think how lucky I'd be, I'm up for that Laugh my a**e off!

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 2/6/2013, 5:45 am

Well I had an easy day at work yesterday so I was playing with the TF all morning, would have all day but Rich came over for an MOT then had afew other mot's turn up meaning I had to do some work, pah Smile

anyway, firstly I checked over to see what it was like for an MOT, emissions fail(engine issue) headlamp aim out which simple fix and then few advisories with suspension bushes(replacing with all new ones anyway) also a tyre is close on the back but got spare tyres so simple. after knowing whats what I got one of lads to give the car a good clean all over and inside and it now looks rather smart.

Now looking good I looked into the engine issue. It had a new head fitted and since this the idle was lumpy and over fueling so I suspected that who ever did the work fitted a std 1.8i 120 head and not a 135 head resulting in incorrect cams which would put fueling out. Tried a 120 ecu on and no difference. Ok next whip engine cover off and go deeper, checked the plugs and oh dear, never been replaced and 2 with a mile wide gapping and 2 with no gaps, changed plugs for spares and ran better and went through emissions, but not quite smooth on idle, checked the cams and the are correct 135 cams, whipped off the cambelt cover and found the cause.
The inlet timing out 1 tooth, corrected the timing and it is running very very sweet now Smile

With MOT sorted and running well, adjsuted the tracking and now it just awaits a tax disc being fitted Very Happy

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 2/6/2013, 9:03 am

Well I can vouch for this car being a fantastic bargain. I had a good look at it whilst I was up at Matt's place and its a worthy member of the fleet. Good colour too...

Well done Matt. Now get on with your other projects or I'll be too old to drive before you get to my project parts...
Laugh my a**e off!

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on 3/6/2013, 6:49 am

Looks good Matt. Good to see another MG kept on the road. Hope you turn a nice profit for your efforts.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on 18/6/2013, 7:58 am

I've just heard about an old work mate who has picked up possibly the best priced MGF ever.

It's a green R-reg MPI with hard top that had a short MOT for £380. They put it in for a test to see what would need fixing and it PASSED!

I've suggested they look here for any tips regarding on going maintenance or improvements.

Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 18/6/2013, 11:34 pm

now that does appear to be the best purchase, sailed through an mot and it came with hardtop Smile

btw Tony, my diagnostic was in the zs, found it in my coat pocket lol

got the v5 back at weekend so i can take the private plate off. sorted a few parts to go on like new suspension arm, soft springs and a set of 16" V spokes, all of which just happen to be behind the garage lol

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 21/3/2014, 7:13 am

Haven't really put much up about this one so here's a few pics from last year as haven't really got any from this year yet, pic spec is with 2005 'soft' front shocks and X Power springs fitted, re-positioned air filter intake, 16" 'V-spokes', HID kit and washed lol

Since the pics I have the AP 4 pots fitted, Z&F remap, Civic pedals, replaced the hood(currently under a hardtop) and there is more to come over the next few weeks as I have some more goodies in the living room to go on that are full set of 85th TF Bilstien dampers, a new reg number and a full new glass screen roof so I can put the hardtop away, and also by the time I get chance to fit them I'll have a new exhaust too  Very Happy

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 21/3/2014, 7:34 am

Looking smart, even though it's a TF! Hide behind the sofa

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 21/3/2014, 7:37 am

Behave, just because I have raised your roof doesn't mean you can raise your voice  Tongue 

btw, could you rename thread, also rename Fizzbot thread as I noticed you called it MGF VVC, it is not nor never been VVC, slap wrist for you.

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Parker on 19/6/2014, 6:38 am

Just another brief update for the thread although think most know already, changed suspension for some new Bilstein's 85th TF dampers, MGOC Supersport exhaust

and now the biggest change is underway TURBO Smile could say later than planned(few years) but also earlier than wanted(needed to finish other projects first, house mainly) but as the head gasket went at the weekend, stripped it off to replace gasket and found a duff bottom end with low liners and lots of nasty rad weld in the system so this is making me carry out the Turbo conversion sooner than I wanted but hey ho  Rolling Eyes 

Matt

Matt Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum