[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

Welcome to the SmS Forums!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome to the SmS Forums!

Post  Rich on 15/3/2008, 9:47 am

Welcome to SmS!

Welcome to the Southmids Sportsters forums. Friends

Have a play and post what you think of it here. No rude comments please! Grumbly

Rich.

Last edited by Rich on 26/4/2010, 7:20 am; edited 6 times in total

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome to the SmS Forums!

Post  Chasley on 21/3/2008, 6:12 am

Well it looks like I've managed to find my way onto this new forum, does it have an instruction manual for forum illiterates like me, we're not all computer geaks you know?
I seem to remember that the original forum for the MGF register had a guide although not much use as I couldn't print it out. Mad
Now that's interesting I couldn't stick smilies on with the last forum setup, do you know why that was Rich? Surprised
How do I get a picture of my TF against these postings? Crying or Very sad
Are we going to have a new forum every couple of months then?
Where's the cynical smilie?

Chasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 21/3/2008, 6:36 am

Hi Chas,

Glad you found us here! The main reason for starting this forum is because, with our expansion into the Z saloons it was felt unfair to do all our club chat on the MGF Register forum. We will still be using that forum too but most of the SmS chat will probably be here.

I can add an avatar (the picture on the right) and a signature banner (the picture underneath) if you like. Just let mw know what you want and if you wish to use a particular pic of your car, just email it to me and I'll do the rest.

As far as the smilies go, not sure why you couldn't use them on the F Reg forum. It's the same basic system underneath. That's why I chose this particular one as it's very similar and just the same to operate in most cases. But if you need any help, just let me know... Thumbs up

Rich.

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 22/3/2008, 10:06 pm

We've reached our first milestone already... 100 posts!
Cheerleader bounce cheers bounce Cheerleader
All hail!

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chasley on 23/3/2008, 5:28 am

Thanks for that Rich, I really didn't know what I was allowed to do, what the administrator could do that I couldn't do, what I was supposed to do, whether I could only do some things after a certain number of posts etc, etc. When I tried to put smilies on the previous forum all I got was the code, it worked OK with the original MGF forum so I thought there may have been some restriction put on it, it doesn't take much to confuse me! scratch

Do I have to get a picture of my TF with some fancy graphics in the background and a funny name? Mmmm I'll give that one some thought.

I noticed that this 'welcome posting' is pinned, what does that mean?

Chas

Chasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 23/3/2008, 5:47 am

'Pinned' is the same as 'Sticky' on many other forums. It means that due to the subject matter, they have been 'pinned' to the top of the forum so all visitors see it first.
I can provide 'fancy graphics' if you like. I've done all the others...! Celebrate!

As far as seeing code in postings is concerned, that's controlled with the button at the top right when you are writing the post () This swaps between viewing in code and viewing in what's called WYSIWYG - What You See Is What You Get! In that mode, smilies show properly. However, if you keep it in 'code mode' you can hit the 'Preview' button before you submit/send and you'll see how your posting will look.

I hope that hasn't confused you too much... Thumbs up

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Chasley on 25/3/2008, 5:04 am

Thanks for that Rich

All credit to you then for doing the graphics, I just assumed that the others had done their own and 'stuck them on' themselves. Didn't know about that button but I had tried the preview and that still showed the code. Anyway I won't prattle on anymore about that as for whatever reason your new forum seems to be working for me. Very Happy
Looks like a Forum Dictionary would be handy for me perhaps I'll 'Google' that, at least I knew what WYSIWYG meant but then that term has been about for Donkey's!

Chas

Chasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 21/4/2008, 1:55 am

Rich, I don't think many of our members know about this new forum yet. It might be worthwhile sending a PM to them all on MGFReg forum, telling them to sign up over here?

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 21/4/2008, 2:51 am

Stewart, that's not a bad idea... I'll get onto it now... Thumbs up

Rich.

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down