In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

Duxford with BritCars - CANCELLED!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Duxford with BritCars - CANCELLED!

Post  Rich on 15/3/2008, 9:56 am

It is with regret that we are having to cancel this event at the last minute... Unfortunately, due to quite a few people pulling out both here and from Brit-Cars, we haven't got the numbers for the club deal discount and it's making the trip rather expensive, especially as there isn't any particular display happening this weekend.

I've left the thread active just in case anyone is interested in rearranging this trip later on in the year. It's up to you...

Once again, apologies to those who were still looking forward to it. Ooh embarrassing! Dunno!

Rich.

Last edited by Rich Stone on 24/5/2008, 7:27 am; edited 11 times in total

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Duxford with BritCars - CANCELLED!

Post  Rich on 3/5/2008, 2:39 am

Only a couple of weeks away now... Any more takers?

Rich.

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 12/5/2008, 3:21 am

Jerry Zedman, the Brit-Cars guy who has arranged this event, has posted on the Brit-Cars Forum an update with instructions for us, as follows:

Right folks, in order to get the reduced rate of £12.80 for adults (children are free) then we have to be in a group of ten or more paying adults. I have completed a Group Visit Registration Form which I will hand in upon our arrival at Admissions on the day. My idea is we all plan on turning up at 11.00 hours (let the initial rush die down) and then go in together to take advantage of this offer.

Once inside people are under no obligation to stick together as a group (no, I'm not going to act as tour guide) but I suggest we meet up for a picnic, say around 12.45 hours in the vicinity of Wing Co Joe's Cafe, located between Hangars 3 & 4. You do not have to carry your picnic and chairs, mats, tables, etc. with you as you can return to your car for these items - providing you have your ticket stub with you you will be allowed back in!

Word of warning: there is a special interest event taking place on this day re WWI. If you wish to do this lecture then you will have to book your admission tickets in advance. If you do not book up for this in advance you will not be able to blag your way into this lecture on the day! Don't worry, all other areas will be open!

Because of this special event, there may be quite a bit of interest so the main car park may be full when we arrive (circa 10.30-10.45). If this is the case we may have to park across the road. May I suggest we still aim to meet up outside the main ticket office regardless of where you are parked in order for us to guarantee the group discount rate?

I look forward to seeing you all! Please post up if you can't make it. Please also feel free to post up if you can go - we have no limit on numbers attending!

Jerry
So for a comfortable drive over, we'll meet at The Lakeside pub car park on the A428 Bedford Road at 9.15am (postcode NN4 7YD for SatNav lovers).

Rich.

Last edited by Rich Stone on 24/5/2008, 5:05 am; edited 3 times in total

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 19/5/2008, 6:31 am

Dave,

As you said today that Moira may not be able to make this one, is there any chance you could pick up Max? She doesn't want to drive there but would come if she was a passenger! Rolling Eyes

Rich.

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE on 19/5/2008, 6:35 am

Oh richy boy - why are you rolling your eyes? lol

My parents are now thinking about coming. Dad will let me know tomorrow as he has to try and change his hotel arrangements as he is working away that week.

M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  daved on 20/5/2008, 12:29 am

To be honest, Rangers are on the telly on Saturday in the Scottish Cup Final but if it measn that Max can go, I'll go and bring her with me. If her parents are going, I'll watch the football.

Cheers

Dave
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 21/5/2008, 7:56 pm

Not long to go now, it's this Saturday. Looking forward to it, and it's not too late to put your name down!

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE on 22/5/2008, 1:42 am

sorry - cant make it now...drinkin on Friday night to CELEBRATE!!

M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  daved on 22/5/2008, 4:37 am

Football for me then. Sorry Guys
daved

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 22/5/2008, 6:12 am

M77XNE wrote:sorry - cant make it now...drinkin on Friday night to CELEBRATE!!
daved wrote:Football for me then. Sorry Guys

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE on 23/5/2008, 2:28 am

Awww, you iz gunna miss me innit blud!! Smile

I'm going to dorset on Saturday day for a few days to have a fab time in my pink tent!! lol

Maxine!

M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 23/5/2008, 2:38 am

Shame your both not coming now. Oh well.

Max, you could come camping in norfolk, my campsite is already booked, and that way you could do the EA Charity Run on the Sunday!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  M77XNE on 23/5/2008, 8:08 am

I would have come camping with ya Stew - but my friends parents have a caravan Down in dorset and so I said why don't we go camping down there....Sorry hun, it would have been a good laugh too eh.

However, do you fancy going to the Lake District - Camping for a random trip???? Smile Smile Smile

Oh, and my parents are now going to Duxford , they are just going to go striaght up there though...so if you see a cherry red MGF Y reg, cream leather interior then that will be them!!! Cool

M77XNE

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 23/5/2008, 5:19 pm

M77XNE wrote:Oh, and my parents are now going to Duxford , they are just going to go striaght up there though...so if you see a cherry red MGF Y reg, cream leather interior then that will be them!!! Cool
Shame you couldn't come with us Max, and a shame your folks couldn't join our convoy. They would have got our discount entry then...

Glad it's Saturday. I think you're going in the wrong direction weatherwise. Take your waterproofs!!!!

Rich

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 24/5/2008, 4:55 am

Ok, so I've sorted the starting point/time and a nice route. Yes, it's all in my SatNav again but I've been this way before, quite a few times... I had posted this a little way up but as I've now changed the first post, I thought I'd better bring it to your attention...
PC\'s fault! Laughing

Stewart, are you coming up to our meeting point?

See everyone tomorrow... The only dry day of the weekend!
Flippin\' weather!

Rich.

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  dressur on 24/5/2008, 5:18 am

Rich Stone wrote:Ok, so I've sorted the starting point/time and a nice route. Yes, it's all in my SatNav again but I've been this way before, quite a few times... I had posted this a little way up but as I've now changed the first post, I thought I'd better bring it to your attention...
PC\'s fault! Laughing

Flippin\' weather!

Rich.

He's going to get lost - and it's going to rain!!
dressur

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Knight on 24/5/2008, 6:38 am

dressur wrote:
Rich Stone wrote:Ok, so I've sorted the starting point/time and a nice route. Yes, it's all in my SatNav again but I've been this way before, quite a few times... I had posted this a little way up but as I've now changed the first post, I thought I'd better bring it to your attention...
PC\'s fault! Laughing

Flippin\' weather!

Rich.

He's going to get lost - and it's going to rain!!

never an optimist hey ally, weather is supposed to be ok tomorrow!!!

2012 BMW 125d M Sport
2012 BMW 318d Sport

Dark Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee121 on 24/5/2008, 6:44 am

Hi Guys.......am completely knackered.....have done 1,000 miles this week in my TF.....gonna give her the weekend off.....me too, catch you at the next one Crying or Very sad

Southmids Sportsters Member of the Year
2010, 2011 & 2012

MG - draining motorists wallets dry since 1924
Lee121

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 29/5/2008, 8:13 am

Shame this one didn't happen, as it was the best weather of the whole weekend, but never mind. I was quite glad of the lay in instead! Perhaps we could look to arrange our own trip for some time in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum