None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 79 on 8/6/2015, 4:19 am

Hydragas filling

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hydragas filling

Post  ventzaq on 11/2/2009, 5:46 am

Hi !

Doesn't look like my MGF has survived the winter very well in its cold garage : I have a new battery, rotor arm and distributor cap waiting for me to read a manual and figure out the fitting as its refused to start.

Once it does I need to get the suspension pumped as one side is very low, so a couple of questions :

1. How often should the suspension need pumping.It was done 2 years ago when the 4 wheel alignment was done.

2. Where is close to Milton Keynes/Bletchley that does the hydragas pumping for a reasonable price as I dont want to drive far seeing how low it seems on the one side

regards
kevin
ventzaq

Back to top Go down

Re: Hydragas filling

Post  Nick on 11/2/2009, 9:32 am

Hi Kevin,

Regarding the pump up 2 years is pretty reasonable so no worries there (I believe it was part of the annual service).
Also our lovely Fs lower themselves in the cold! basically they drop 1mm for every 2 degrees below 17 degrees Centigrade, so as it's pretty cold at the moment yours is probably 7 mm lower than the book states just 'cause it's cold.
I'm sure someone will point you in the direction of a good garage in Mk, failing that try http://www.hydragas.co.uk/
Edit, just realised you mentioned it's low on only one side so could be a sphere gone pop, have a chat withe daveD on here as he's got some info ref his trophys suspension which had similar issue

Cheers
Nick

Nick
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Rich on 11/2/2009, 5:43 pm

My 'F was down on one side when I originally bought it, but it was a simple fix. The valve where the pump connects was leaking. It's virtually the same fitting as you have on tyres and so was easy to fix.

I would recommend Souls of Olney as a good place to take your car. They were MG Rover dealers for many years and are now new MG dealers. They also have a branch in Bletchley but I'm not sure if they'll have the hydrogas pump there. Might be worth dropping in though. And don't forget what Nick said. The car will be low in these temperatures. If the height was adjusted to it's correct height now, you'd end up with 4x4 ground clearance by the Spring!

Rich

Red Face ... Sent from my abacus using wooden beads

Rich
Admin/Moderator
Admin/Moderator

http://www.southmids-sportsters.org

Back to top Go down

Post  ventzaq on 11/2/2009, 9:17 pm

Thanks.

Especially with giving me the hope its either normal or a valve !

Found a place just north of Olney which I'll try via the link

One hours labour +vat seems a bit steep at the main dealer.

[Rich] You must get up early to look at the forums ! ( 6:43 am )

regards
kevin
ventzaq

Back to top Go down

Post  uk kiwis on 12/2/2009, 5:08 am

Had ours pumped up three times so far but as we have had it near on eight years I guess not too bad. Against a 'Jap' car it seems excesive to have to keep messing around with suspensions. I have no complaints as to the handling however and find the ride pretty good for a sportscar. (1997)

uk kiwis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum